Hey friends and family…things here in Oz are going great! I only have a few minutes, but I’m keeping track of everything and hope to post much more in the future when I return to the US and when internet time isn’t as prized and valuable as it is here. A couple things…
- Our shows at the Adelaide Fringe Festival were fantastic! Of the five, some were great and some were pretty good, but at least we know which is which. And regardless, we had lots of fun and learned tons. Our audiences seemed entertained and appreciated our skills and laughed quite a bit. Adelaide is a beautful city and I hope to return one day. Much much more on our shows later…
- I’m back in Sydney for the next few days. Going to Coogee Bay beach tomorrow with Russ while Goli is working. I suspect I’ll hit the Blue Mountains on Wednesday, then it’s off to visit Patrick in Wellington on Thursday. Today was a low key travel day, so it’s nice to get caught up with a few things.
- It has been so much fun to travel with Goli, Nick and Darnell. I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard in a long time. (At least not since the Subsidized Corn road trip to NC the week before I left.) We not only got to be better performers through all this, we also got to be much better friends. It will be sad to say goodbye to Goli on Thursday, but I’m trying not to think about it.
- I have a buh-jillion photos, including photos from Goli, Nick and Darnell, plus video (minus the nights of the video mishap…which unfortunately included our best show). I’ll post when I return, but I am very excited to share with you all. Hopefully some of this will make more sense with photos and video.
- No word if the Beast won the Winter Weather Warrior contest. I’ll keep you updated as I hear more.
That’s it for now! Going to meet Goli for some German ice cream….we still haven’t figured out what that is, but we liked it the first time so we’re going back. Tasted like regular ice cream to me!