I find my roommate Corey to be extremely entertaining, and you know I will laugh at anything which is probably why he’s stuck around for so long. I finally got to a point where I just had to share some of the inner workings of the Corn Palace. For those of you who have the pleasure of knowing Corey personally, you will probably find this post hysterical because of his Coreyisms. If you don’t really know him, or maybe know him through this blog, there are still some good pieces in here that will make you chuckle. From January and early February 2011, here are some snippets of how I’ve stayed informed and entertained…my comments/explanations in italics.
- Jan. 3: Did you see DPW Department of Public Works already got the Christmas tree? Yay tax dollars at work
- Jan 3: Bo’s update: still nothing to add. Sad face. Bojangle’s new Union Station location.
- Jan 4: Yay! We are making a beer bong at Corby’s making a beer bong. Seriously. Yes, that’s the exact wording.
- Jan 11: Things I just saw in gran turismo: bus/bike shared lane (from Madrid). Love it. Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 was his Christmas gift and he’s obsessed. It’s on our television a lot.
- Jan 11: :(. I was focused on lanes and ran into wall 😦 To which I responded that he frequently runs into walls without a bike lane distraction.
- Jan 11: By the way, madrid goes bus/taxi lane (like 7th in chinatown) with a separate bike lane. I’m in love.
- Jan 11: Not gonna toot my own horn but without salt/ice melt you’re not going to see a better shovel/sweep job.
- Jan 13: A little. I want to rest and hopefully prevent full blown SARS.
- Jan 14: Do you have a thermometer I can use (and clean when I’m done)
- Jan 14: For the life of me I can’t get the thermometer to work. I’m so worthless.
- Jan 14: Yup. I just can’t see where the line is. It’s blue all the way to the top which can’t be right.
- Jan 14: I still never figured out the thermometer by the way. In his defense, it was broken. Not sure how that happened.
- Jan 15: Look at you? Congrats. I’ll be home soon. Getting my taco on in the suburbs. Holla!
- Jan 22: Drunk. With Salsa. Sometimes I get photos, too!
- Jan 28: This is the whit-fluence in my life. Shower beer! Yes, that’s a beer in the shower caddy thing.
- Jan 30: I need Megan therapy time. Can I schedule this for this evening?
- Feb 3: Payam sighting! My realtor is always out and about and easy to spot.
- Feb 3: Fact: I’m doing all my Mexican stuff shopping in Mt. Pleasant. Yay Bikeshare!
- Feb 4: Ready to have your mind blown? I’m eating at a vegan cafe and bought a helmet.
- Feb 5: We found a pipe. Other people might walk right by a pipe lying on the ground, but Salsa and Corey pick it up, take a photo and text about it.
- Feb 6: Participating in the political process: just signed petition for pat Mara to get on the ballot. I’m going to feel dirty voting for a republican.
- Feb 6: I’m going to sue you for non ADA-compliance. My ridiculousness caused me to ride 84 bikeshare trips in 7 days which caused me great pain getting up your stairs.
- Feb 6: Puppy Bowl!!!!!
That last one put me over the edge and inspired this post. I hope you enjoyed the Puppy Bowl, too. We’ve watched it for the last few years as it’s only on during the Superbowl. And for all the guys out there, women eat this up, so if you’re hosting a Superbowl party, I highly recommend a brief switch to Animal Planet during a commercial or two.
Just another day in the life….