I’ve been down and out with the flu since Sunday evening. Bleck. This is disgusting, but I am feeling much better. For awhile I felt like a giant fireball who could not extinguish my raging skin fire. I’m back now mostly, but here are just a few of the week’s observations…
- Cough syrup does not equal breakfast, even if that’s all you feel like eating.
- Yes, Gatorade is terrible for you, but when I’m feeling sick, nothing can stop me from the power of lemon lime.
- I live with a 28 year old man who does not know how to read a thermometer. Yeah, this was news to me, but I think I got him straightened out now. Except he’s the one needing the thermometer, so that’s a bad sign.
- Whitney M was a saint for taking me to the urgent care and for driving my car in the snow. Her first time ever driving in snow, and thankfully she didn’t tell me that until we got there. Thank you, Snitzel!
- Coughing is going to make my abs look ripped in a few days, especially since I lost a few pounds (part of a catalyst that just happened to conform with my new years resolutions). Yay me!
- Gossip Girl is freaking amazing, but only if you are delirious and drugged up. Come to think of it, so are the characters, so that’s probably why I can relate.
- The test for the flu is almost as painful as the flu itself. I didn’t realize that a cotton swab could actually touch my brain if they push hard enough. Whit and I both cried during our flu tests.
- Smartrip cards do not make good ice scrapers. An extra Virginia license plate wrapped in plastic found under your seat will work much better. Just a tip to save you from a broken Smartrip.
- I’m a pathetic baby when I’m sick. But if you know me, you probably already know that.
I’ve cleared my social calendar for the next day or two so I can get more rest and definitely join the land of the living soon. I still have more Gossip Girl to watch, and hopefully Corby is joining me now that I’ve caught up to her. And my new Kindle just arrived in time for me to go to work. Actually, it was delivered to work the day I got back, and that made it totally worth it! Now I get to play all weekend with my new toy. Any suggestions for reads? I may or may not be trying out the Twilight Series. I need to load up before the Australia trip.