I’ve started three different posts that I have yet to finish so it feels like I have been writing here more than I have. So sorry, folks. For the last three weekends and weeks I’ve been busy preparing for the housewarming party and getting the house settled, and it finally is! Every box is unpacked and the major projects are finished. The housewarming was a great success and my house feels very warm thanks to all my friends, old and new, who came to celebrate. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Aunt Bonnie on Saturday morning, and thanks to everyone who came out and made it such a fun evening. Once I finish getting it cleaned up I’ll take a few photos and share.
In the meantime, there are several things I wanted to tell you about that are happening…
- Tonight, our dear friend Laura from Subsidized Corn will be on Jeopardy. You should check it out and root for her!
- Friday night is one of WIT’s biggest shows of the year to celebrate the rally on Saturday. If you are in town, you should come! Both the 8:00 and the 10:00 shows look so awesome that I can’t decide which one to go to. It will be in Rosslyn at a 220 seat theater (Artisphere), and totally worth the trip across the river.
- Saturday is the rally in which I will be marching to restore sanity, not to keep fear alive. This event is going to be big and awesome and I’m not prepared in the least. Costumes and witty signs are encouraged, but as of now, I have none. Suggestions appreciated.
- Costume house parties on Friday and Saturday night, which should be a blast. I have a fabulous 1970s vintage dress that I will pair with an afro and just be not-me for a weekend.
- Sunday morning is the Marine Corps Marathon in which I’m going to volunteer with PUSH America. Basically, I’ll be in a tent welcoming the runners as they finish. Pretty easy, and the more the merrier so if you are interested, let me know and you can join!
I think that is all that is going on right now. Whew! Good thing my room is clean and organized so I can spend my time doing these fun activities rather than unpacking my boxes like I’ve done for the last few weekends! I have never in my entire life been so organized! It feels wonderful. I even have an art center to do some art. With a schedule like this, though, when can I find time to do art?!?