I promise that I’m finishing the bathroom project this weekend. I have to. Help is on its way, and I’m full of motivation. To get you excited for my handiwork in the meantime, I think I’m pretty clever with this fix of the bathroom drawer situation. The middle drawer would not go in all the way because of the plumbing in the back and the top drawer rested on it funny. We (my dad and I) messed with it by shortening the drawer which messed up the roller balls that make the drawer functional. Not following? No worries…bottom line: The top drawer and middle drawer were not working. I could not make a permanent hold because we need access to the pipes, so nailing, stapling and gluing would not work. So, I cut that sucker off and mounted the door with two magnetic cabinet fasteners. I had the magnets in my tool box (i.e. free). I’m spiffy.
Also note the bottom drawer cut out for the molding. My jigsaw skills at work, baby. So now instead of two dysfunctional drawers and one working drawer, I now have one non-drawer door and two working drawers.
Tonight I’m going to finish painting the basement kitchen where I had the stove moved to the wall with the fridge. The electrician left some holes. Eek. But I figured it out and it is nowhere near perfect, but it gets the point across. Maybe I’ll have some photos of that.
And, here is a recent update on the black-eyed Susans in the front yard. I know you were curious. Completely de-weeded this weekend. I lost one plant in the back, but it looks intentional. Off to yoga!