Yes, I’ve been quiet lately. I’ve got lots on my mind, yet unable to communicate it. But here are some highlights…
- Subsidized Corn is performing in our national debut on Friday night at 10:00 at the DCAC in Adams Morgan. Hopefully you can join us. It’s a tiny theater, so get there early.
- Tomorrow I’m taking a day off of work to run errands and get crap done. That includes hauling seven bags of stuff to Goodwill, a trip to Frager’s and a load of crap to the new house. Then I’ll clean and piddle while waiting on the gas guy and potentially two electricians.
- In the late afternoon, I’m hosting an open house for potential renters. I’ve had about 18 people tell me they’ll be there, but I’m sure not all will show. Only the good ones.
- I’m in a funky mood at this moment because someone recently reminded me that in not too much time I’ll be 33. My Jesus birthday. What have I done? And why is everyone on facebook having babies and getting preggers at the same time? Which means my most logical thought out of all this is this: who is going to take care of me when I’m old? My baby making years are flying by. I’m just sayin’.
- Work has been crazy busy. I love my new office that overlooks Connecticut Avenue. I saw Alan Greenspan the other day. And my distractions are fewer, and thankfully because I’m so busy. We have a new logo and style guide, and new website in the making, which means everything, everything gets to be redone. Plus, my regular work. But it’s still fun and I’m thankful to have such a great job with such great people.
- My camera broke, so I have no new photos to share. Sad, but sort of the last thing on my mind right now.
- My parents are coming over Memorial Day weekend and that will be fun. They haven’t been here in over two years, so I’m excited to show them where I’ll live. And to get their help installing a new kitchen.
Well, I feel a little better. Thanks. Sorry guys, my heart just isn’t in it tonight. Maybe another time. Maybe after my improv high tomorrow night. We’ll see. Goodnight.