Pretty soon I’ll have a new neighborhood to call home. I’m so excited! Technically, the place is in the very far southeast corner of the Shaw neighborhood, but so south and east that the road to the east of me is the east border and the road to the south is the south border of the neighborhood. I won’t tell you the exact location of the place since I hear my insurance premiums could go up for that kind of behavior, but I will tell you it is in or around the shaded area of the images (“Momma didn’t raise no fool”). If you want the exact location for mapping purposes, just email me.
So, what to call my new neighborhood? In keeping with SoHo, TriBeca or our local NoMa (North of Mass Ave), here are a few options:
- EaConCen (pronounced ee-CON-sin): East of the Convention Center
- Soeash: Southeast Shaw
- NoChiTo: North of Chinatown
- NoNY: North of New York Avenue
- 395Ter: I-395 terminus
- DunHi Adjacent: Dunbar High School Adjacent
- ArcoYale: Around the corner from Yale Lofts
- Tranny Town North: North of where the transvestite hookers hang out by I-395 on 4th Street
- EaJoWit: East of the Jehovah Witnesses Kingdom Hall
- WeNewJ: West of New Jersey Avenue
- EmVerSquare: East of Mount Vernon Square
- NoVer Center: North of Verizon Center
What is your favorite? Others I could add to the list?